KOCHI, Japan, Dec. 18, 2017 /Kyodo JBN/ --
Kochi Prefectural Government
VISIT KOCHI JAPAN CAMPAIGN under Way for Tourists from Taiwan, Hong Kong
The Kochi Prefectural Government launched “VISIT KOCHI JAPAN CAMPAIGN,” a tourism promotion campaign for visitors from Taiwan and Hong Kong, in December 2017.
Under the campaign, visitors from these two regions are entitled to various privileges, such as discounts on accommodation fees at hotels and inns in the prefecture as well as on the use of tourist facilities and bus fares, for a limited time.
The number of visitors to Kochi Prefecture from overseas has been on the increase. The prefecture had 75,400 foreign guest nights last year, up 14.4% from 65,890 in 2015. There are particularly large numbers of visitors from Taiwan and Hong Kong, who accounted for 31.1% and 20.6% of the total, respectively. The ongoing campaign is aimed at encouraging more people in these regions to visit Kochi.
In addition, the prefectural government is publicizing tourism in Kochi through various media outlets, including television and magazines, during the campaign.
Those who will visit Kochi Prefecture during the Lunar New Year holiday period are advised to fully utilize information on tourism to be provided by the prefectural government.
Overview of the campaign
Name: VISIT KOCHI JAPAN CAMPAIGN
(1) Campaign to encourage visitors to stay overnight in Kochi Prefecture
Visitors from Taiwan and Hong Kong who reserve rooms at hotels and inns in Kochi Prefecture through JAPANiCAN.com (https://www.japanican.com/) are entitled to discounts on accommodation fees.
- Campaign period: Friday, December 1, 2017-Thursday, March15, 2018
- Details of the privileges: 2,000 yen discount on an accommodation fee of 8,000 yen or more per night; 1,000 yen discount on an accommodation fee ranging from 5,000 yen to less than 8,000 yen.
(2) Campaign to encourage visitors to take excursion tours of the prefecture
Visitors can ride sightseeing buses for free and enjoy other privileges such as discounts on admission fees at 10 designated tourist facilities in Kochi Prefecture.
- Campaign period: Sunday, December 10, 2017-Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Facilities covered by the campaign:
10 tourist attractions: Kochi Castle, Kochi Castle Museum of History, Chikurin-ji Temple, Kochi Prefectural Makino Botanical Garden, Ryuga Cave, Nishijima Flower Garden, Kitagawa Village ‘Monet’s Garden’ Marmottan, Ashizuri Underwater Observation Tower, Kaiyodo Hobby Museum Shimanto and Kaiyodo Kappa Museum
Sightseeing buses (four routes): My Yu Bus, Shimanto Ashizuri Area Tour Bus, Shimanto River Bus and Shimanto Trolley Bus
For details of the campaign, visit “VISIT KOCHI JAPAN,” the Kochi Prefecture’s tourism information website: http://tw.visitkochijapan.com/news/2017/11/campaign.html
Media outlets through which the Kochi Prefectural Government will conduct public relations campaigns:
- WAKUWAKU JAPAN (television)
1st: Monday, January 15; from 19:00
(rebroadcast: Friday, January 19; from 19:00/Saturday, January 20; from 14:00)
2nd: Monday, January 22; from 19:00
(rebroadcast: Friday, January 26; from 19:00/Saturday, January 27; from 14:00)
3rd: Monday, January 29; from 19:00
(rebroadcast: Friday, February 2; from 19:00/Saturday, February 3; from 14:00)
- Travel magazines: “Traveler LUXE” issue to be released on December 15/ “Japan Walker” issue to be released on January 1
- Travel website: “Let’s Go!” special feature
- Travel magazine: “HK Walker” issue to be released on December 15
Tour information website for foreign tourists “VISIT KOCHI JAPAN”:
(English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai)
https://www.facebook.com/visitkochijapan.tw/ (Traditional Chinese)