TOKYO, Apr. 14, 2023 /Kyodo JBN/ --
NIPPON EXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC.
Nippon Express Global Logistics (Shanghai) Expands Functions with New Temperature-controlled Warehouse in Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone
- Move Aimed at Meeting Growing Demand for Electrical/Electronics and Semiconductor-related Products -
Nippon Express Global Logistics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "NX Global Logistics (Shanghai)"), a group company of NIPPON EXPRESS HOLDINGS, INC., has constructed a new temperature-controlled warehouse in the Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone to meet growing demand for electrical, electronic, and semiconductor-related products.
Image1: Warehouse entrance
Image2: Warehouse interior https://kyodonewsprwire.jp/prwfile/release/M103866/202304114729/_prw_PI3fl_5G20BroG.jpg
Demand for electrical/electronics and semiconductor-related products is surging worldwide due to the increase in online business and remote working triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To satisfy this climbing demand, NX Global Logistics (Shanghai) has constructed a new temperature-controlled warehouse in the Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone whose specifications allow temperature control in multiple independent storage rooms within the warehouse, enabling the company to offer product-specific storage and management of various electrical, electronic, and semiconductor-related products with differing storage requirements as well as high-quality distribution processing services.
The Nippon Express Group will be stepping up its efforts in the electrical/electronics and semiconductor industries, which it has positioned as priority industries in its Group business plan, and will continue to expand its logistics functions globally to assist customers in developing their own business activities.
Profile of temperature-controlled warehouse
- Location: No.11, Debao Road, Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone, Shanghai
- Structure: Two-story building
- Total floor area: 3,764 m2 (1st floor: 3,484 m2; 2nd floor: 280 m2)
- Key facilities and functions: Air conditioning, power supply secured by a company-owned low-voltage power distribution room inside the warehouse, and temperature control possible in up to seven separate compartments and in individual storage rooms
Nippon Express website: https://www.nipponexpress.com/
Nippon Express Group's official LinkedIn account: