TOKYO, June 13, 2017/Kyodo JBN/--
Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd.
Fujisan Magazine Service Co., Ltd.
Shueisha, Hearst Fujingaho and Other Publishers
Begin Online Distribution of Magazine Content
in Chinese-speaking Areas
Twenty three major Japanese publishers, including Shueisha Inc. and Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd., joined hands with advertising agency Dentsu Inc. and content distributor Fujisan Magazine Service Co., Ltd. in fully launching the online distribution of Japanese magazine content in Chinese-speaking areas in late May. The distribution service is provided through Kono Digital Inc., which provides all-you-can-read e-magazine subscription services mainly in Taiwan.
The 23 companies distribute their magazine content through "Nihon Zasshi-kan," a Japanese magazine section established in Kono's application to draw attention to Japanese magazines. Traditional Chinese characters are used in some of the magazines while other magazine content is provided in Japanese.
These companies are determined to continue promoting Japanese magazines overseas, mainly in Asia, as part of a "project of having magazines travel around the world."
- The content of about 57 Japanese magazines is being distributed online.
- Main participating magazines: non-no, MEN'S NON-NO, Fujingaho, dancyu, Weekly Toyo Keizai, Diamond Weekly, etc.
- Distribution of content in traditional Chinese initially undertaken by four magazines (non-no, MEN'S NON-NO, Fujingaho, MEN'S CLUB)
- Key managing companies: Shueisha Inc., Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd., Dentsu Inc. and Fujisan Magazine Service Co., Ltd.
- Cooperative companies: Kono Digital Inc.
- Website: https://www.thekono.com/
- Fee: US$4.99(monthly)
Shueisha is one of Japan's largest publishing houses. Hearst Fujingaho is a member of Hearst, one of the largest diversified media, information and service companies in the United States, and publishes mainly fashion and lifestyle magazines in Japan. Dentsu is the world's largest advertising agency. Fujisan Magazine Service operates Fujisan.co.jp, one of Japan's largest online magazine stores.
Project of having magazines travel around the world
Dentsu and Fujisan Magazine Service have jointly launched a variety of business projects to help publishing companies increase their profits from their magazine content, including this project. The online distribution of Japanese magazine content in Taiwan is part of the project.